Friday, September 06, 2024

Meeting The Master.

              I Met the Master Face to Face.

by Lorrie Cline

I had walked life's way with an easy tread,

Had followed where comforts and pleasures led,

Until one day in a quiet place,

I met the Master face to face.


With station and rank and wealth for my goal,

Much thought for my body but none for my soul,

I had entered to win in life's mad race,

When I met the Master face to face.


I had built my castles and built them high,

With their domes had pierced the blue of the sky,

I had sworn to rule with an iron mace,

When I met the Master face to face.


I met Him and knew Him and blushed to see,

That His eyes full of sorrow were fixed on me;

And I faltered and fell at His feet that day,

While my castles melted and vanished away.


Melted and vanished, and in their place,

Naught else did I see but the Master's face.

And I cried aloud, "Oh, make me meek,

To follow the steps of Thy wounded feet."


My thought is now for the souls of men,

I have lost my life to find it again,

E'er since one day in a quiet place,

I met the Master face to face.


Blogger: this played a hefty part in my salvation back in 1973.

Pagers.

  The primary reaction to the idea of placing an explosive device into 5,000 or so pagers is surely one of utter horror and disgust. However...