Monday, November 20, 2006

Bureaucracy not policework.

It now takes a Police Officer an average of ten hours and six minutes to process the paperwork for a single arrest. No wonder coppers do not ever want to arrest people - unless of course, the weather outside is inclement.
A Sheffield PC told me more than ten years ago that the number of forms to be filled in was 44 per arrest!
Several weeks later I ran into the then Chief Constable Richard Wells, at a function and challenged him on this. He assured me that the bureaucracy was on its last legs. So I see! The bureaucratic society is a direct consequence of liberal elite policies - although precisely why escapes me. I expect it is all part of that unending desire to control and centralise.

Reform UK Have Done The Job.

In the local elections, Reform UK has inflicted inestimable damage onto the Tories. Well done guys! The Tories MUST learn that if they are n...