Monday, March 28, 2011

AV volte face?

As I've said before - I really do not like AV as a possible voting system but am not sure that my original thinking was entirely valid.
I argued that if we do not support this move - it will inevitably be taken as a total endorsement of FPTP and prevent any proper PR system in the future.

Perhaps, just perhaps, I am underestimating the intelligence of voters.

Me? How shall I vote?

Must admit - I really don't know. I just do not think that I can support a measure which will be expensive, messy and will probably reduce the chances of a breakthrough by non-traditional parties.


Maybe I should abstain.

Families Distraught For Ten Years+

  https://www.christiantoday.com/article/service.held.to.mark.10.years.since.kidnapping.of.chibok.schoolgirls/141630.htm Service held to mar...