Sunday, August 28, 2011

Potholes.

Those readers outside the noble metropolis of Sheffield might as well move onto the next article right now!
Yesterday, a friend who travels the length and breadth of the UK with his work visited me in Sheffield-where-the-sun-always-shines.
He had two things to say which sickened me:
1) He cannot find any town, village or city throughout the kingdom with roads in an equivalent state of disrepair.
2) He told me that the roads near his house in North Lincolnshire are resurfaced roughly every three years.
I had to tell him that in the 36 years I have lived in my present house - roads adjoining have NEVER been treated.
(Twice a year a man comes around with some yellow paint and circles the larger potholes. Some weeks later, another bloke will turn up and drop a little tarmac into the marked areas.)
You should see my Council Tax bills!

There Is Certainly No Such 'Forgiveness Requirement' For A Court Judge.

Bishop in church stabbing forgives alleged attacker. Staff writer    19 April 2024. The attack was captured on video during the livestream. ...