Thursday, December 28, 2017

Peter Hitchens On Christmas.

And so we come from that brief truce called Christmas. I still love it, despite everything.
I would cheerfully reintroduce transportation for life for the Albanians and their beat-box on the high street, on their 43rd rendition of Jingle Bells so far today. 
The Queen’s Christmas broadcast sometimes comes close to converting me to republicanism. I am stonily unmoved by John Lewis Yuletide filmlets. But each year I live, the idea that the creator of the universe appeared among us as a defenceless newborn baby demanding nothing from us but love grows more and more true and persuasive. 
Isn’t this, in fact, exactly how our lives are changed, over and over and over again?
Happy Christmas, and many thanks to all those who have sent me kind Christmas wishes. 

The African Churches Are Putting Us To Shame.

Learning from the African Church's extraordinary success. Heather Tomlinson    21 April 2024 . (Photo: Getty/iStock) Why has faith in Af...