Friday, March 20, 2020

Why Are So Many Leftists So Vicious In Their Politics?

Why do they get so angry?

A friend has pointed out to me something about the bulk of lefties which I suppose I had always known but never quite managed to put into a clear, single thought.
Why do so many get so ruddy angry when you present an argument which contradicts their thinking? His experience certainly mirrored my own.
There are exceptions, of course, but as a principle it seems that their 'thinking' may never be challenged. This cuts across so many of the areas which I write about on here and certainly overlaps with the dyed-in-the-wool evolutionists, atheists and 'warmists'.
Just why is debate out of the question? Why the ranting, shouting down and hurling of abuse?

I for one, am always prepared to debate in order to get my point across. I know that I cannot win arguments by shrieking, waving my hands around, insulting folk and going purple in the face - why should they?
I may possibly understand if a hindu for example, does not want to debate the merits or otherwise of a deeply held belief system. It may seem kind of blasphemous to do so, I suppose.
Surely this cannot apply in the political field - can it? Are leftwing ideals in fact a kind of sublimated religious belief? - Surely they cannot be the 'very core of being' - can they?
This would explain a great deal. When I see so much absence of logic, so much downright stupidity and so many appalling outcomes defended as if Holy Writ - there has to be some explanation of that type.

I spotted an Irish flag on the St Patrick's Day Parade...

 ... it stated that 'Ireland is full.' Interesting. I looked up the figures. They have roughly 212 people per square mile. England h...