Friday, February 29, 2008

An anonymous letter.

I had a letter published in the Yorkshire Post this week, again informing the readership of the carnage caused to songbirds by the astonishing proliferation in the egregious magpie population.
Naturally, our soft left council in Sheffield is allowing this to happen unchecked as you 'must not kill the nice birdies - they have as much right to live as you or me!' Inevitably they will NOT consider the damage done as this is a 'principle'! I wonder how the nestlings being torn apart feel about killing magpies?
In other words, 'Sod the songbirds - they don't matter!' It is so reminiscent of the arguments used against the death penalty. Such people never care how many hundreds - or now, thousands of extra murder victims - die from their policies. Just so long as they ensure that tough decisions are never taken and they can forget the slaughtered and may comfort themselves with the thought that 'an innocent victim every decade or so will never hang'.
Today, I received a letter from a user of larsen traps based on my contribution. He claims to have rescued the songbirds in his area by killing an average of one magpie each and every week.
He was LITERALLY too frightened to let me - somebody on his side - even know his name.
When I approached a pest control officer last year, he told me that some people are threatening to attack pest controllers for killing rats!


I really do despair. A society this soft and stupid is surely doomed.

Nurturing Faith.

  https://www.christiantoday.com/article/equipping.parents.to.nurture.their.childrens.faith/141641.htm Equipping parents to nurture their ch...