Monday, March 09, 2009

Bad language.

Okay. I admit it. I am not without sin in this area. Few of us are when the hammer hits the thumb but I am really fed up [think what I might have said] with all the bad language on TV at the moment.
Last night I turned to watch the "2 Pints of Lager ..." on Comic Relief, a programme which has often sailed close to the wind in the past but could argue at least, that it has been funny and clever.
Well, last night's effort was persistently crude and foul-mouthed without a single redeeming feature. Hardly a sentence escaped without 'effing and blinding'. I am no prude but this was simply appalling and the cast seemed to think it the height of wit.

I then caught a programme called "Extreme fishing" with Robson Green which I had long been intending to watch. I soon realised that the 'extreme' was nothing to do with difficult fishing conditions but was just a bucketload of expletives from this appalling man.

It is little wonder that so many 8 year olds are walking around using, what in my day, would have been called 'industrial language'.

This can and must be stopped!

Shame On You, Daily Mail, For This Immoral Jibber Jabber From A ... Well. I'd Better Not Say It!

  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13300045/JANA-HOCKING-five-reasons-youre-not-getting-laid-dates-Im-guilty-two.html