Saturday, March 07, 2009

Orgreave: the battle of.

I live no more than three quarters of a mile from where the old Orgreave pit has now disappeared entirely from the landscape.
I was fascinated to see a letter on Teletext this week from a self-labelled 'soft southerner'.
It spoke of the miners' strike 25 years ago and referred to the negative role of the police.
I walked down to Orgreave during the clashes and did so to see for myself, from a distance, what was happening.
The police were magnificent: ordered, calm, restrained. The striking miners behaved appallingly badly.

How does history get so twisted, I ask? Well - so much of it is written by leftwingers whose grasp on both truth and reality can be rather slender.

Shame On You, Daily Mail, For This Immoral Jibber Jabber From A ... Well. I'd Better Not Say It!

  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13300045/JANA-HOCKING-five-reasons-youre-not-getting-laid-dates-Im-guilty-two.html