Sunday, March 22, 2009

EON

Last Autumn I was directed by USwitch.com to EON as the best value gas/electricity provider.
I signed up for a deal which held my prices at a specified rate until November 2009. My prices have shot up, nevertheless.

After two fruitless and lengthy calls over months and empty promises not fulfilled, I was forced yesterday to ring for a third time when a rather irritating lady explained in carefully prepared gobbledygook how what I had been told actually meant something totally different and was because I had booked it online. [????]

I shall be quitting this mendacious provider at the very first opportunity - and suggest others who use EON check what these odious people are up to and act accordingly. Now is a good time to switch companies!

Shame On You, Daily Mail, For This Immoral Jibber Jabber From A ... Well. I'd Better Not Say It!

  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13300045/JANA-HOCKING-five-reasons-youre-not-getting-laid-dates-Im-guilty-two.html