Thursday, April 02, 2009

Dear President Obama.

This is the text of a letter published in the Montecito Journal, California - Ed: 26th March to 2 April 2009.

Dear President Obama,
Thank you for helping my neighbors with their mortgage payments.
You know, the ones down the street who, in the good times, refinanced their house several times and went on vacations to wonderful places, bought SUVs, ATVs, RVs, installed a pool, a big screen TV, 2 Wave Runners and a Harley.
I was wondering, since I'm paying my mortgage and now theirs, could you arrange for me to borrow the Harley now and then?

Richard Ford,
Queen Creek, Az.

PS. They also need help with their credit cards, when do you want me to start making those payments?
PPS.I almost forgot - they didn't file their income tax return this year. Should I go ahead and file for them or will you be appointing them to cabinet posts?

Well, then. A bit near the knuckle - what? But wait til you see the editor's response!


{Editor's note: Punishing people who do the right thing and helping out those who are totally irresponsible has been a vote-getting tactic for years; now Democrats have a chance to bring in more voters by this route. Handout anyone?}

Recognise the tactic in the UK folks?

Malaysia.

28 April 2024 – Malaysia The majority of those who embrace Christianity, display an overwhelming desire to be baptised. Please pray for them...