Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Glory Seekers.

 It breaks my heart when I see youngsters in Sheffield, Rotherham or Scunthorpe, kitted out in Chelsea or Manchester United football kits.
If you ever ask them if they were born in Manchester or London - "No." is virtually always the response.
"Ah. So your family comes from there?" - "Er, no!"
GLORY HUNTERS, ALL!
There is something rather depressing in such tenuous allegiances being exploited in order to achieve some vicarious and distant sense of contentment to which they have neither attachment nor entitlement.
I am always happy to see kids in their Rotherham United kits around here demonstrating their sense of local pride. 

Gesture Eggs, Huh? - I Can't Boycott Cadbury For This. I Am Already Boycotting Them Over Their Iniquitous Pricing and Shrinkflation.

Cadbury faces criticism for 'gesture eggs' this Easter. Duncan Williams    28 March 2024. (Photo: Cadbury) The British confectionery...