Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Pollution - Be Thankful In The UK.

Last week, I spent several days in Mumbai, the most populous city in India. It was a great experience in a fine and fascinating city.
However, even as a young child in the 50s, back in the days of the smogs and pea-soupers - I have never witnessed anything like it!
I struggled to breathe and lived out of my Ventolin inhaler.
Be thankful for the great Clean Air Act of 1956!
Interestingly, it was the smog rather than the poverty which appeared to be the greater social problem.
(Sorry for the mildly obscure reference - but I shall have to refer to this as 'a Bombay particular' in the same manner as written by Peacock or Dickens - and if memory holds true - Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle as well.)

Please Pardon My Smirk.

  https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1883189/BBC-interview-climate-change-Guyana-viral