Sunday, October 14, 2007

Off license clean up.

I recently caught a news clip which informed us that many fewer under age children are now able to buy alcohol from retail outlets than was previously the case.
I shall go beyond my natural distaste for some of the methods employed in this campaign - children used as agents provocateurs - and shall simply comment on what was said by a government spokesman. He revealed that this success was due to incessant action against rogue retailers combined with much tougher penalties.

It struck me that if such methods bear fruit in this field, perhaps getting tough on crime in general might produce similar results.

Ah well. Just a thought.

Shame On You, Daily Mail, For This Immoral Jibber Jabber From A ... Well. I'd Better Not Say It!

  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13300045/JANA-HOCKING-five-reasons-youre-not-getting-laid-dates-Im-guilty-two.html