Thursday, August 14, 2008

Coincidence.

Just how many texts are there in the Bible that you could preach from - 20,000 maybe?
Some years ago, I went to the now defunct, Congregational Church in Killamarsh, Derbyshire with my old Pastor, Harry Webb.

I had arranged the date and he asked me to lead the service for him but we had no communication about what each other would do or say in the meeting. I felt led to Exodus.

I stood up and opened the meeting with a reading from Exodus 15:2.

'The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.'

Imagine how zapped I was when Mr Webb stood up and the text of his sermon was .... Well. I reckon that you are probably way ahead of me!

All just one more amongst the countless, strange coincidences which affect the lives of those who live close to the Lord.

Danger Alert.

The broken immigration system is now becoming dangerous. The Home Office already has some serious questions to answer – as does the Ministry...