Thursday, August 28, 2008

Respect.

Vauxhall have just written to me begging me to buy a new car -[ Perhaps I might have considered it if the so-and-sos hadn't wickedly and unexpectedly reduced the amount of GM credit card points which I may redeem against a new car!]

But to add insult to injury, they chose to write to me and address me by my first name! [And of course, getting it wrong by talking to me in the full form which I only use on official documents!]

For precisely how long have we been friends or work colleagues?

I am entitled to a polite MR, if you please.

I do not want nurses, computer helplines, sales staff, banks et al failing to address me politely without me offering that privilege. Neither should they put me on the spot by asking for permission to do so!

It is appalling that social workers, respite care staff and care workers who visit my home to deal with my 87 year old Mum automatically address her by her first name.
It troubles me - so how it must bug those who come from a more respectful generation!

Danger Alert.

The broken immigration system is now becoming dangerous. The Home Office already has some serious questions to answer – as does the Ministry...