Saturday, October 11, 2008

Captain Blackadder.

Yes - I know all too well that the Blackadder series was largely produced by a bunch of godless lefties but credit where credit is due.
I adored the series.

I remember back in 1989 when the final episode was played of the fourth series - Captain Edmund Blackadder led his troops 'over the top' into shell, mortar blasts and machine gun bullets and we realised that all these favourite characters were going to die.
Then with what is perhaps the greatest and most poignant moment in all of TV history, the film slows, freezes and gradually turns into a field of poppies.
I cried. The impact was almost beyond belief.
Let us not forget. The British Legion poppies will be on sale again soon!

Shame On You, Daily Mail, For This Immoral Jibber Jabber From A ... Well. I'd Better Not Say It!

  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13300045/JANA-HOCKING-five-reasons-youre-not-getting-laid-dates-Im-guilty-two.html