Sunday, October 05, 2008

A good bad example.

I am always mightily encouraged in my Christian life by King David. Here was a tremendous man of God with some extremely bad habits, up to and including adultery and the murder of Uriah the Hittite!
So often so close to God - so often falling victim to temptations.
I perhaps should not do it but I always manage to say to myself that although I do things I know are wrong, at least I am not as bad as him! The point is rather better made in pointing out how much God still loved David.
The secret to making life considerably easier for oneself as a Christian is perhaps found in being consistent in your walk with God, I believe. It is not easy and not something I am good at as I always tend to blow hot and cold yet the reality of God is unchanging.
In the New Testament, I look at Simon Peter and think, 'If God can do so much with material as unpromising as that, then I should not be too much of a problem for God.'
It is an unworthy thought.

Shame On You, Daily Mail, For This Immoral Jibber Jabber From A ... Well. I'd Better Not Say It!

  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13300045/JANA-HOCKING-five-reasons-youre-not-getting-laid-dates-Im-guilty-two.html