Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Quangos.

Dear Gordon,
As you will recall, of late, I have been writing to help you run the country rather better than you have managed thus far.
I expect that you will already be pondering my advice and be poised to sack Mandy and to dump the windmills.
The next step is to take all the quangos and have a good look.
Do we really need a hidden layer of government in the first place, I ask myself? Should we really be rewarding loyal party apparatchiks with golden sinecures?
Just what are most of these totally unaccountable bodies actually doing?
Of course some of them have their uses, but what measures their levels of efficiency?
Which ones are exercises in pure futility?
With these things costing a an unimaginable £170 billion every year - the opportunities for savings are phenomenal.
Drop me a line when you've got these sorted and I'll tell you what to do next.


Lots of love,

Your mate.

Shame On You, Daily Mail, For This Immoral Jibber Jabber From A ... Well. I'd Better Not Say It!

  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13300045/JANA-HOCKING-five-reasons-youre-not-getting-laid-dates-Im-guilty-two.html