Monday, August 10, 2009

Atheism and arrogance.

The British Humanist Association has a membership of just over 5,000 and yet is being invited to 'balance out' all the many hundreds of thousands of members of Christian churches in BBC broadcasts on a rapidly increasing scale.
The group describes itself as 'egalitarian' in its aims which is of course, code for 'leftwing'.

It is stomach-churningly careful to complain only mildly over anything to do with religions other than Christianity but pitches itself into headlong attacks against the One True Faith at every opportunity.
[It is perhaps unsurprising to learn that the appalling Professor Richard Dawkins is a vice president of the BHA.]
So why do I use the word 'arrogance' in the context of this group? -
Quite simply, if I describe a dozen instances of where God has proved Himself and worked in my life as a counter to their campaign of misinformation, what will I get?
In a sickeningly condescending manner, I will either be referred to as 'a liar' or perhaps worse, 'deluded'. It will be assumed that I am incapable of rational thinking and have at best, 'misinterpreted' the 'alleged experiences'.
When you belittle my experiences on the grounds of an unsubstantiated and utterly unprovable belief system - what other word can be used?

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...