Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Mr Benn.

That Hillary Benn [son of you-know-who] is a touch insipid goes without saying to anybody who has seen him perform on TV although I suppose that in today's Labour Party this may actually be seen as a 'badge of honour'.

His recent outpourings on 'the UK's food needs and potential problems for the future' have been rather interesting.

[I really do not know if he shares his dad's views on the European Union but this seems most unlikely considering that he has received promotions in the government.]

His remarks about our future needs as a nation fail to make out one vital point. The EU has intentionally run down our food-producing abilities in order to make us more reliant on that body.

In World War Two we were almost able to meet the essential needs of the population. Today - I am unable to find stats to say what percentage we produce for ourselves - but it is indubitably tiny.

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...