Saturday, August 08, 2009

Sheffield Star contributor uplifts.

My God is warm, alive and kicking

Published Date: 08 August 2009
TO: The Taliban


I believe in God more than anything else in this world and beyond and beyond. I swear I would fight for my God And, if you want to know where my God is He is all around blowing free. My God is not just in towering spires and Gothic arches, He is not just in lush green quadrangles, He does not just reside in Cirencester and Wells and Canterbury where pilgrims trod, He is not just in dusty archives and in leather bound books, He is not just in touched silver bells and quiet peace, He is not just in a remote Tibetan monastery, He is not just in chock wooden beads and a begging bowl. My God is different.My God is warm and alive and kicking, My God strides like a giant atop the crisp icing snow that caps the mountain range that lies between China and Afghanistan, He is there as minarets pirouette against a blood red eastern sky, And the faithful kneel to pray. He lies down to sleep by the Ganges, He touches me with his death breath.Jesus Christ did not need a building to preach the gospel from, The blue sky with scudding white clouds was his canopy,The lush green rolling grass the carpet below His feet.
Elizabeth Schofield, Conisbrough

Reform UK Have Done The Job.

In the local elections, Reform UK has inflicted inestimable damage onto the Tories. Well done guys! The Tories MUST learn that if they are n...