Friday, May 14, 2010

Ecological problem in Galilee.

By Wyre Davies BBC News, En Gev.

'The Sea of Galilee has for centuries provided a healthy living for hundreds of fishermen - the disciple Peter among them, according to the Bible.
But now an unprecedented fishing ban is being enforced on the Galilee because, says the Israeli government, chronic over-fishing has severely depleted stocks.'


Perhaps that meal of St Peter's fish that my family and I enjoyed about fourteen years ago in a kibbutz was partially responsible.
(As I recall - it was tasty but rather too boney.)

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...