Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How can justice be achieved?

'A husband who helped his wife suffocate was yesterday spared prosecution for assisting her suicide.
It was the first death in Britain in which the Director of Public Prosecution’s new rules on assisted suicide have been used to decide that there should be no criminal charges.'

The real problem in such cases for me is in the deciding whether or not the assistance given 'was an act of love'. Just how do you do that?

In a linked but decidedly different situation, with the now universal and generally spurious claims by wrongdoers of 'I was abused as a child', the outsider is given the near impossible task of establishing truth.

I often suggest solutions to social problems. Not in these cases, I am afraid.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1280836/Husband-helped-wife-kill-UK-face-charges.html#ixzz0ouGBMII7

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...