Thursday, May 20, 2010

The failings of the euro.

This morning's Times tells us a woeful tale that was oh-so-predictable:
"Shocked European ministers are preparing for emergency talks to shore up the euro after markets fell in reaction to panic measures in Germany."
Like matched with unlike is almost always folly. How do you link together a Greek-style economy with that of a Germany?
One size-fits-all don't work with shoes and no more do it work with politically-inspired, artificial constructs such as the single currency!
As Chancellor and later PM the only plus point in favour of Brown was that although foolish and politically blinkered, he was never idiotic enough to shackle us to this monster.
Just got to hope now that exchange rates give me a bit more purchasing power in my summer hols!

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...