Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Let's ordain shoplifters.

I have had a great idea! Why doesn't the Church start to ordain inveterate shoplifters as Bishops?
No. Before you reject the idea out of hand - just consider. Why are they shoplifters in the first place? - Clearly, it is because that is the way that God made them.
Obviously, they must not be excluded from bishoprics; they must not be victims of discrimination; they must not be regarded as lesser Christians and after all, 'sin' is such an outmoded concept - God has evidently moved on from such ancient thinking.
But, hmm. I wonder where this idea could best be tested?


How about in The American Episcopal Church!

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...