Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sporting aesthetics.

I have been giving a certain amount of time of late considering 'beauty in various sports'.
"Clearly, you have too much time on your hands." - Do I hear you say?

Well. Football has its moments as do rugby and tennis, I suppose.

If you class yachting as a sport, I reckon that you may well introduce that into the argument but surely, cricket is streets ahead of all the rest.
Watching a great batsman is a question of timing, grace, elegance, style, simplicity and even purity.

Anybody who ever saw Tom Graveney bat will know precisely what I am attempting to explain.

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...