Sunday, September 30, 2007

Malice.

I had an interesting discussion last night on the topic of malice. It was my contention that this is something which cannot be present in any born again believer.
Christians commit all sorts of outrages; they backslide; they sin and they are drawn away from God by all manner of worldly inducements but to display malice is surely to supply evidence that God's Holy Spirit is not dwelling in them.

Malice actively desires ill will onto a fellow human being. It is not an over zealous desire for justice or even retribution - neither of which should really be present in a Christian when they have been personally wronged - but it is an outworking of spite.

Am I wrong? Is there Scriptural warrant for my statement? - I have certainly never heard it preached and I can think of no text to back my view - but it seems right.

Malice is something so awful that I cannot see any possibility of The Holy Spirit being able to reside in its company. It is the very worst of all human failings.

Lord, may it never be found in me.

The African Churches Are Putting Us To Shame.

Learning from the African Church's extraordinary success. Heather Tomlinson    21 April 2024 . (Photo: Getty/iStock) Why has faith in Af...