Thursday, January 15, 2009

Bye bye Bush.

I have entertained grave reservations about George Bush in a number of different policy areas.
I am aware too that he is a man whose tendencies to make grammatical slipups has made him a prime target but I feel that history will be kinder to him than recent political commentators.
He is certainly far from stupid as even a cursory glance at his qualifications reveals.

Think how it was only after Reagan's departure that assessments of his terms in office became positive and without doubt, he had been a president of quality and vision.
Just because the left-leaning media are brilliant at attacking their bêtes noires does not mean that we should all fall into line with the destination they are marching us towards.
Ann Leslie is usually somebody whose feet are firmly planted on the ground and so I think her assessment is worth a look.

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...