Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Gene Robinson - more specifically.

"But now, speaking to The New York Times about the prayer at the Lincoln Memorial, he said “I am very clear that this will not be a Christian prayer, and I won’t be quoting Scripture or anything like that.” And true to his word, there was no reference to Jesus Christ, only a vague post-modern deism with the reference to the”God of our many understandings". This relativism is a fundamental rejection of the earliest and most fundamental Christian confession that ‘Jesus Christ is Lord’. It substitutes in the place of the Lordship of Jesus the worship of a god of our understanding who will ultimately be simply the god I choose to make for myself or, more likely, the god powerful and influential others chose for me – in other words, it is idolatry."
Charles Raven.

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...