Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Obama.

Terrified as I am by Obama's leftwing liberalism, I refuse to mock him for stumbling over the presidential oath at his inauguration yesterday.
It was a high pressure event of major importance and these little slips will inevitably occur.
I myself speak well in public but am not free of mental blocks on occasion.
The world media, comedians and satirists will undoubtedly be equally magnanimous and will not pretend that this makes him some sort of joke; a kind of mindless buffoon, in fact.
There will be other slip ups from time to time - of course there will, and the press will be equally forgiving.
They would never dream of mocking and reviling somebody on such slender grounds - with the possible exception, of course, of a scenario where the President is a Republican and called Bush.

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...