Thursday, June 16, 2011

Chilling.

I have just been listening to a Rabbi on a radio God-slot. He was most puzzled as to how 'God's chosen people' should have been subject to so much persecution over years.
With a truly heavy heart, I should like to explain to him. Before the decision was taken to crucify Jesus, the members of the Sanhedrin - as representatives of the Jewish people stated:
"Let his blood be on us and on our children!" Matthew 27:25. NIV.
They awaited their Messiah for countless generations: the one 'anointed by God'; the one promised by God; the new covenant; indeed the Saviour as described in Exodus when God stated that 'HE HIMSELF would save His people.'
So when the Messiah arrived - they killed Him and called this curse onto the heads of the Jewish people.
Note also the Parable of The Tenants.

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...