Thursday, June 23, 2011

The EU - A Major Danger.

I have previously warned on this Blog of the dangers we face in becoming an EU 'service economy' and not being able to supply, at least the majority of, our nation's food needs. Being reliant on the EU makes us ever more subservient and potentially open to blackmail. Do not think that this could not happen with such a self-serving, imperialistic body.
Andrew Marr recently spoke of London whose need for food was such that “the whole of the UK’s food production would be needed to feed the citizens of London”.
As the population of the capital is a little over 10 million, and the UK as a whole is nearing 60 million, this means about 75 per cent of our food will need to be imported.
This is seriously scary stuff AND by no means accidental!

Incidentally, my calculations from the above would suggest a figure of in excess of 80% - but then - I never was all that good at sums!

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...