Saturday, June 18, 2011

Mr Quarmby Makes a Most Telling Comparison in The Yorkshire Post.

Arthur Quarmby, Holme, Holmfirth.

SOME decades ago, when the Labour government was proposing to remove all controls and restrictions on the sale of alcohol, it claimed that this would eliminate binge drinking and reduce alcohol abuse.
Has this worked? The reason I ask is that suggestions are afoot to decriminalise addictive drugs, which may be expected to have a similar result.
One could contrast that with the virtual elimination of smoking; a tremendous success, partly achieved by restricting supply and banning advertising.

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...