Sunday, June 19, 2011

Peter Hitchens Broadens The Debate on Euthanasia.

'There's only one suicide I would cheerfully assist. If the Tory Party wants to go to Zurich and end it all, I will accompany it, hold its hand, help it swallow a cocktail of poison, refuse its pleas for water at the last moment (for its own good, of course) and listen to its death gurgles. It would be a mercy.

But the Tory Party is just a rather slippery and dishonest organisation. There’s nothing immoral about pushing it gently but firmly through the dark door marked ‘Exit’.
In fact I’d have fewer qualms about that than I would about putting down an elderly guinea pig.
Any human being, by contrast, is immensely, uniquely valuable. We cannot kill our fellow creatures, except under very special circumstances of self-defence or deterrent justice.'
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2005278/PETER-HITCHENS-This-man-black-leading-dark-place.html#ixzz1PhbeTVdG
I do have an ethical problem with Peter's view. It is NOT evenhanded nor is it inclusive. Could it not have mentioned Labour, The Lib Dems, Greens and BNP? -After all, each of these parties is dedicated to damaging policies of either leftist or, in the latter case, rightist, national self destruction.

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...