Thursday, June 23, 2011

Feminism Is Not Cuddly - Nor Even Honest!

Somewhat unhappily yesterday, I was tuned to Radio 4 in the car and thus found myself listening to an interview by Jenni Murray with some 'feminist writer' or other.

My fists soon clenched as this redoubtable amazon proclaimed something on the lines of:
"I often ask women if they are feminists and a surprising number say that they aren't. So, I ask them if they think that they shouldn't be allowed to vote or should have a husband who 'owns them and could beat them with a stick'. They say they hadn't thought of that."
Just where do I start?
I'll just point out the reality. Today's feminists are not entirely as described to the terminally gullible.
They are usually loud; they seldom fight just causes'; are largely in favour of women 'cherrypicking' jobs; they are sold on killing the inconvenient unborn; they use 'special pleading'; they believe in 'positive discrimination' - right up to the point where it works against them; the same applies to 'quotas'; many are basically anti-male in ways which would be illegal if reversed and to cap it all - they are irredeemably leftwing!
If my description is less than a 100% perfect, I apologise but this writer's attempt was less than 5%!
Arguing by means of 'redefining as you go' is most unreasonable.

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...