Thursday, June 16, 2011

A New Ice Age?

When I wor nobbut a young whippersnapper - (pauses to look pensively into the distance) - scientists regaled us constantly with many a fine tale about the ice ages which were inevitably looming on the immediate horizon.
These were then replaced by today's 'warmists' as the chief 'mongers of doom'.
Great news. The 'chilly brigade' are back! - And if I'm not mistaken - with a bit more actual science than the previous set of alarmists.
I invite you to read the url below about sunspot activity:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/8578014/New-Little-Ice-Age-in-store.html
Oh. And when you have got over that - it will be time to start a widespread panic about solar flares:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space/7819201/Nasa-warns-solar-flares-from-huge-space-storm-will-cause-devastation.html

Orwell lives on!

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...