Friday, February 20, 2009

Sno' good at all.


The article below set me thinking.
I once had my car ambushed in the residential village of Burton-upon-Stather. Two yobs lurked and hurled a volley of snowballs into the side of my car - extremely scary and dangerous!
I went around the block and caught them lurking behind a bush in the garden of a rather nice 5 bedroomed house waiting to do it again.
I went to the door of the house and the father came to the door. I explained what had happened and he asked these young toerags if this was what had happened.
"No, Dad. It was an accident!"
I explained about them hiding and poised to do it again when I returned and he chose to dismiss the matter. Apparently, I had made it all up!

This was more than 30 years ago and a middle class parent. I have often wondered what these youths grew up to be.
As a teacher for 33 years - it no longer surprises. Parents today always aid and abet their offspring in their wrongdoing even though they readily 'talk tough'.
Few are those who will be evenhanded.
Ever wonder why our society is in such a mess?

Phew.