Friday, February 12, 2010

Salvation. The story of a second miracle.

I had Scripture at junior school; Scripture at one grammar school; Divinity in a second grammar school and finally RK in my last grammar. I attended a Methodist Sunday School for six years and attended countless school assemblies and church services over years and after all of that I had precious little clue what the Gospel was actually about.

One very sunny Madrid day at Easter 1973, I read Romans 2:14 in my year-long quest to prove that: A] I had no need of Christianity and B] It was bogus in any case.

Within a matter of seconds after reading the above text all my arguments collapsed - I shan't explain the wherefores at this point - and I yielded to God and knew instantly and for all time that I had hit TRUTH. This 'saving faith' was the first miracle. It was real and immediate and so I am utterly unable to grasp how anybody can possibly 'go from belief to disbelief'. I have to assume that there was nothing substantial there from the start. God is not an opinion!
The second miracle in that same moment was that all the Scriptures of all the years gone by suddenly slotted instantly into place and made complete sense. A mishmash of bits and pieces became a cohesive whole in an instant.

Families Distraught For Ten Years+

  https://www.christiantoday.com/article/service.held.to.mark.10.years.since.kidnapping.of.chibok.schoolgirls/141630.htm Service held to mar...