Monday, August 06, 2007

Phillips v Dawkins.

Mr Arrogance, sometimes referred to as Professor Richard Dawkins, that well known I-believe-in-scientific-method-but-only-so-long-as-I-do-not-have-to-justify-any-of-my-own-scientific-beliefs atheist, has now launched an attack on the whole of New Age spiritualist claptrap.
He is a man I pray for specifically every single day, so I am pleased to see that he has at least got something right.
But as Melanie Phillips - somebody who almost always does get it right - notes, it is the very collapse of belief systems which has led to an angst-led search through all this pseudo spiritual pap for people who have been abandoned in a Godless vacuum.
She quotes Chesterton's "When a man stops believing in God - it is not that he believes in nothing but that he will believe in anything." Oh, so true.


Offended?

"I'm not easily offended, but what does offend me is everyone taking offence over everything these days. We are constantly being in...