Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Bitter.

Having been involved in some rather bitter online debates recently on the existence of God {A bitterness from my opponents, I must hasten to add} - I have concluded that the level of argument used by so many atheists is banal, facile and generally refuses to answer the questions posed.
You make a winning point - they ignore it; an intellectual one - they sidestep it; a personal experience, and rather than examine the point they will resort to insult and will either question your sanity or your truthfulness. Their most telling argument seems to be the 'authority' issue: "I say there is no God, ergo there isn't." Pretty heady debating techniques, what? Do intelligent people not know that agnosticism is an option? - It may well be flawed but it surely beats the impossible; "I KNOW God does not exist."
All those who seek truth WILL find it - Jesus said so.

Until Today, I Shopped At Morrisons About Once A Month. Not Any More!

Fury at Morrisons as Christians slam new cheese - 'not what Easter's about'. Morrisons' new Easter-themed cheese has prompte...