Thursday, January 17, 2008

Lights and Bushels.

I remember my grandfather, who had been a farm foreman, explaining to me that a bushel was a measure - a bin or basket - of specific volume, and never one of weight. [Apparently, the quality of the corn in a bushel determines the weight and it can vary considerably.]
Jesus spoke about Christians not 'hiding their light under a bushel'. In this He was referring to the fact that you cannot be a 'secret Christian' and let us be honest, there are great numbers of people who refer to their 'faith as a private matter'.
Sorry. That is NOT an option.


Mark 8:38: "Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels."

Farewell, Frank.

                    Frank Field’s legacy  Obituary. The political maverick understood that sooner or later we will run out of money to fund ...