Tuesday, June 09, 2009

All true but be patient the psalm ends well.

Psalm of Asaph.

Plea for Relief from Oppressors.

1] Truly God is good to the upright,
to those who are pure in heart.

2] But as for me, my feet had almost stumbled;
my steps had nearly slipped.

3] For I was envious of the arrogant;
I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
4] For they have no pain;
their bodies are sound and sleek.

5] They are not in trouble as others are;
they are not plagued like other people.

6] Therefore pride is their necklace;
violence covers them like a garment.

7] Their eyes swell out with fatness;
their hearts overflow with follies.

8] They scoff and speak with malice;
loftily they threaten oppression.

9] They set their mouths against heaven,
and their tongues range over the earth.
10] Therefore the people turn and praise them,
and find no fault in them.

11] And they say, ‘How can God know?
Is there knowledge in the Most High?’

12] Such are the wicked;
always at ease, they increase in riches.

13] All in vain I have kept my heart clean
and washed my hands in innocence.

14] For all day long I have been plagued,
and am punished every morning.....

BUT do read to the end from here. This is Psalm 73!

Er ... Yes! Possibly,