Thursday, December 21, 2006

No to worshipping the famous.

I do not care what celebrities think - I am yet to be convinced that they are capable of rational thought at all. I do not want the rich, the famous, TV stars, musicians et al to infect chat shows, radio programmes, magazines and newspapers with what their opinions are. If I want half-baked ideas I can go down to the public bar at the Anglers' Rest.
Why should Mick Jagger's politics or Bill Roache's views on global warming have any relevance?
Who gives a monkey's where Britney buys her perfume or which decorator the Duke of Devonshire holds as superior to the rest?
I am horrified when I see people fawning over the famous; soliciting their attention and trying to emulate their so-called style.
Frankly, it is pathetic that so many people need to live vicariously. It is a poor substitute for spirituality.
There is always an exception. Geldof has earned the right to talk on the subject of world poverty and preferably nothing else.

Reform UK Have Done The Job.

In the local elections, Reform UK has inflicted inestimable damage onto the Tories. Well done guys! The Tories MUST learn that if they are n...