Monday, August 16, 2010

Back to The Victor and Hornet.

'Dr Sharon Lamb, of the University of Massachusetts, said that modern depictions of superheroes like Iron Man are often playboy millionaires who are only ruled by selfish goals.'
The conclusion drawn is that superheroes make 'bad role models'.
Normally, I am unconvinced by this type of research but on this occasion that goes by the board.
The reason for this is that the 'superheroes' have supplanted the traditional heroes of the great British comic.
The Victor and, my own personal favourite, The Hornet were inspiring in almost every storyline.
Without sounding too much like a dinosaur, "Heroes were heroes in my day!"

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...