Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Parking restriction

Yesterday, I travelled some 200 miles by car and what constantly struck me was how often the motorist is subjected to petty and ill-conceived legislation.
Let us consider the ubiquitous yellow lines. As you travel around, note just how many parking restrictions apply where absolutely unnecessary. Allowing for the possible fact that on rare occasion, you will not be able to see the bigger picture - why not complain?

This tactic is so nonsensical as it keeps drivers on the move as they seek out where to park. Cars having to stay longer on the road is NOT a green option.

(Don't you perhaps think that it is just that closet greens disapprove of private motoring and want to punish motorists at the drop of a hat? - "We inconvenienced loads of motorists, tee hee!")

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...