Thursday, August 12, 2010

Reality.

From Dixon of Dock Green to Taggart to Jack Regan - none had the smack of reality according to my late Dad who was in the Police for nearly 30 years. Consequently, he refused to watch any.

There was briefly an exception to prove the rule, however - and as unlikely as that might seem today - this was in The Bill.
Step forward the archetypal DI - Frank Burnside as played by Chris Ellison and even he was spoiled as a character when he returned to the show
after many moons. These days - I simply avoid The Bill like the plague.
Today, for myself, unfortunately I have to look to the USA for quality and the brilliance of Chris Meloni makes me 'feel his feelings' in the horrors uncovered in Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
If any types of show truly need to be 'real' then surely it is police and hospital dramas. Do not get me started on the latter!

Malaysia.

28 April 2024 – Malaysia The majority of those who embrace Christianity, display an overwhelming desire to be baptised. Please pray for them...