Monday, August 09, 2010

Not this time, Frank.

GCSEs in: road safety; money management; the benefit system; health and safety etc, etc are always being suggested by special interest groups.
NOW my favourite Frank Field - the government's Poverty Tsar and the only Labour member of the government - wants GCSEs in parenting!
Sorry Frank - it only seems like a good idea.
The 'solid gold' subjects of education are already being eroded to a massive extent by the Mickey Mouse subjects such as: photography, media studies, social studies, pop psychology etc, etc and etc.
What is CITIZENSHIP for if it is not to tackle social problems? - But then, that is just one more way of delivering a liberal left world view and pretending it is not propaganda.
Solutions? What me? - Sorry - the system is probably beyond repair.
This is part of the reason why I helped set up a Christian School a quarter of a century ago.

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...