Friday, August 27, 2010

Tribal voting patterns.

Last night I attended the count at the Woodhouse Ward by-election in Sheffield and watched in bemused amazement as the great Labour comeback commenced.
An enormous Labour majority proved that Labour voters have 'forgiven' Labour.
I just cannot grasp this loyalty to a party which so despises ordinary, decent people.
This is the party which forgot its working class roots several decades ago and moved instead into ivory tower, politically correct, do-as-I-say type politics.
This is the party of the massive government debts which have - as usual - to be cleared up by somebody else.
This is the party whose policies are actually despised by most of their own, fiercely loyal following.
This is the party you are BORN into! I had hoped that there was genuine evidence that this tribal, dynastic voting was moving inexorably into the dustbin of history.
Sadly - not yet!

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...