Sunday, February 27, 2011

Nice one, Ben! Sorry, Derrick - you have lost the plot!

'Since I grew up as a black boy in the overwhelmingly white London suburb of Teddington, I am no stranger to name-calling.
Last week, however, marked a new low. For the first time in my life, during a debate on Radio 4’s Today programme, I was called a racist.
The charge was laid against me by Dr Derrick Campbell, chief executive of Race Equality in Sandwell, West Midlands, who told me I had never experienced racism and accused me of ‘stigmatising black people’.
My crime? Daring to speak out on behalf of thousands of ethnic minority children languishing in the laughably titled ‘care’ system because inter-racial adoption has been effectively banned for decades.
I know what I am talking about because, unlike Dr Campbell, I was one of those children. Were it not for the sheer bloody-minded persistence of my adoptive parents, my own life would have been spent in care
homes.'

I am really struggling. Whom do I despise more? - Is it racists or the professional 'anti-racists'? Gotta admit - it's a pretty close run thing!

To the good Doctor, this Blog awards an official LoonyTunesWatch coconutRead more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1361031/Ben-Douglas-called-racist-Radio-4-backing-white-parents.html#ixzz1F8oB3dYQ

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...